Thanks to all of our riders, volunteers and sponsors we were able to donate $6400 to HPCG from our 2016 event!
Sunday, April 9, 2017
REGISTER ONLINE NOW or
Download a Registration Form
100% of registration fee goes to
Interested in being a sponsor? Contact Karen at triforhospice @ gmail.com.
2017 Spring ride will be Sunday, April 9, 2017
Team Tri for Hospice is pleased to announce that this year's Gears and Steers Ride for Hospice will be in memory of Mike Carr (April 9, 1958 - January 26, 2017). The ride will be held on Sunday, April 9, 2017 and will start and finish at the Summerfield Bicycle Store, 1015 NC Highway 150 W, Summerfield, NC 27358. “Mr. Mike” will be honored before the start of the ride and 100% of the rider fees and silent auction proceeds will be donated to Hospice and Palliative Care of Greensboro in his name.
Mike Carr was an early supporter of Team Tri for Hospice. While best known throughout the Triad for working with countless young people at his Mike Carr Karate Studio and Daughter Safe Programs he also had a passion for fitness, running in two Chicago Marathons, competing in Arnold Classics Sports Festivals and training for triathlons (although swimming was not one of his loves). He did, however, love biking the trails of Bur-Mil, running, competing in martial arts competitions, weight lifting and scuba diving. He was a friend to many and an inspiration to all who knew him.
The Gears and Steers Ride for Hospice is ideally situated in the heart of the Triad. This beautiful ride from the Summerfield Bicycle Store takes cyclists on country roads where the pavement is nice and the hills are rolling. The Gears and Steers Ride for Hospice has 25-, 35- and 54-mile options. Each distance is fully supported with mechanics and well-stocked aid stations. All distances will start together at 10:00AM, and the post-ride party and silent auction will begin at 12:00 PM. The silent auction “winners" will be announced at approximately 2:30 PM. All cyclists who register by the deadlines will receive: lunch, water & soda, 1 beer (after the ride— for ages 21 & over) and an event T-shirt (long sleeve T-shirts for the first 75 riders registered). Note: There will be a limited number of lunches, beer and T-shirts available for purchase for riders who miss the order deadline or who sign up on event day, as well as for non-riders -- all on a first-come/first served basis.
- Date: Sunday, April 9, 2017
- Time: All routes begin at 10:00 AM
- Location: Summerfield Bicycle Store, 1015 NC Highway 150 W, Summerfield, NC 27358
- Registration Fee: $35.00 prior to 4/8 (online registration will close at 11:59 PM on 4/7) & $45.00 thereafter (100% of the registration fee goes to Hospice and Palliative Care of Greensboro). Day-of registration will run from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM at the ride site.
- Paper registration: click here
- Online registration:
- Route Options: 25-miles, 35-miles and 54-miles
- Age Minimum: Riders under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- All cyclists must wear a helmet and obey the rules of the road